At Downtown Physiotherapy and Health, we recognize that women’s bodies undergo significant changes throughout time, which can affect a women’s health. Some of these changes like pregnancy and childbirth in the long run can develop very unique problems in the female body. Most women tend to believe that they are doomed to an eternity of pelvic problems, incontinence and bowel symptoms…but that’s not true!
Our dedicated physiotherapists located in downtown Vancouver are ready to help you put a stop to feeling uncomfortable. By providing our clients with a thorough assessment, our physiotherapists will determine what habits needs to be changed to ensure a correct pelvic floor technique so that you can resume your normal everyday activities with no more worries.
Our Continence and Women’s Health Physiotherapist can help manage the following conditions:
- Stress incontinence with exercise, sneezing and coughing
- Urgency, frequency, and leaking on the way to the toilet
Prolapse of Pelvic Organs:
- Symptoms of internal dragging or heaviness
- Difficulty with bladder or bowl emptying
- Incontinence of wind or feces
- Pain in the perineal, vaginal, or pelvic regions related to sexual pain, childbirth or surgery
Pregnancy and Post Natal Problems:
- Pelvic instability causing sacro-iliac/pubic symphysis pain
- Post natal recovery of perineal pain/hemorrhoids
- Post natal recovery of pelvic floor and abdominal muscle strength
- Breast conditions including blocked ducts and mastitis
Pre and Post Pelvic Surgery:
- Hysterectomy, prolapse repair
- Continence surgery
- Prostate surgery
Don’t let life pass you by because of discomfort. We can help make it better. To book an appointment or consultation, contact our services for Women’s Health Physiotherapy in ourVancouver Downtown Physiotherapy and Health location.